Alexandria, Minnesota 56308
Minutes of the meeting of June 21, 2021
A regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors of Alexandria Township was held on the 21st day of June, 2021 at the Alexandria Township Conference Room, 324 Broadway and via teleconference.
ROLL CALL: Supervisors present were Jeff Oberg, Joel Dahlheimer, Rod Eldevik, Dennis Butz and Jerry Wright. Also present was Gregg Raisanen, Clerk. Mona Billmark, Treasurer attended via teleconference. As said members formed a quorum and the meeting was called to order by Chairman Eldevik at 6:00 p.m.
Wright, seconded by Butz, made a motion to adopt the agenda with the addition of ALASD planning meeting and review procedure for final plat approval under New Business. Motion carried unanimously.
Wright, seconded by Oberg, made a motion to approve the minutes of the 06/07/21 regular board meeting as written. Motion carried unanimously.
Dahlheimer, seconded by Wright, made a motion to authorize payment of claims 21114 – 21120 in the amount of $62,440.66, EFTPS of $1,501.22, totaling $63,941.88 and to transfer $58,000 from the savings into the checking account. Motion carried unanimously.
CITIZEN’S CONCERNS: None
PLANNING AND ZONING: Zoning Administrator Oleson presented recommendations from the planning commission in regard to the regulation of Shouse structures. The board was in consensus to have the zoning subcommittee meet to review and recommend changes to the ordinance.
Zoning Administrator Oleson presented photos of a fence constructed on a property line made out of galvanized metal. The fence had noticeable areas of corrosion. The ordinance permits fences to be installed on the property line provided they are maintenance free and can be maintained from within the perimeter of the owner’s property. The board was in consensus that a fence constructed with galvanized metal is maintenance free.
The board reviewed a list of properties that have received previous complaints:
- Doug Norris property- Zoning administrator Oleson sent him a letter to clean up his property within 45 days. The board recommended that the property be viewed after the 45 days even though the property had a recent fire.
- Billie Dropik property- All of the inoperable vehicles have been removed from the front of the property. Continue to monitor activity and progress on the cleanup.
- 3009 Berglund Mile- A complaint was received regarding numerous semi-trailers parked on the property. Zoning Administrator Oleson will talk to landowner regarding the status of the trailers to determine if they are being used for storage.
- 4805 County Road 73- Progress has been made on the removal of inoperable vehicles and other equipment. Continue to monitor progress.
- Property at the end of Queen’s Road. Construction of a deck on a RV located on the property without a permit. The board directed Zoning Administrator Oleson to tell the landowner he needs to obtain a permit and impose a late fee.
- 6913 Brackin Road- The landowner has been making progress on the cleanup of inoperable vehicles. Continue to monitor progress.
- 2705 50th Ave SE-Zoning Administrator Oleson will continue to monitor progress.
- 1211 Maple Drive- Complaint regarding machinery and equipment. No action recommended.
- 3106 Genes Road- Complaint regarding large number of vehicles. All appear to be operable and no further action recommended.
ENGINEER’S REPORT: None
OLD BUSINESS: Gardonville has resumed installation of fiber into the area along Queens Road and Maple Drive. Chair Eldevik reported that he had met with Glen Klimek and the contractor installing the fiber. Mr. Klimek has agreed to permit a ten ft. easement across his property to install the fiber.
Supervisor Oberg provided a recommendation for a replacement to the planning commission. Jessica Fettig has expressed interest and will be invited to the next meeting.
NEW BUSINESS: The board discussed the prospect of a meeting with ALASD to review future installation of main sewer lines within the current sewer district boundary within Alexandria Township.
Supervisor Wright requested a review of the process to approve final plats with the township. Chair Eldevik reported that Zoning Administrator Oleson is working on a procedure.
Being no further business, Dahlheimer, seconded by Oberg, made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Meeting adjourned at 6:55 p.m.
Gregg Raisanen, Clerk
Approved this ____ day of ________, 2021
Rod Eldevik, Chairman