POSTED NOTICE OF MAIL BALLOT PROCEDURES TO VOTERS OF ALEXANDRIA TOWNSHIP IN
DOUGLAS COUNTY, MINNESOTA
1. The following precincts located in Douglas County have elected to vote by mail ballot procedure in
statewide elections as authorized under Minnesota Statues 204B.45. All other precincts vote at their
designated polling places on Election Day.
TOWNSHIPS: Alexandria Twp, LaGrand Twp, Belle River Twp, Lund Twp, Brandon Twp Moe Twp, Hudson Twp, Spruce Hill Twp, Ida Twp
CITIES: Millerville City
2. For 2020 statewide elections, the election dates and corresponding dates that ballots will be mailed to all
registered voters in mail ballot precincts are:
Statewide Primary Election: August 11, 2020 Ballot Mailing Dates: June 26 – July 28, 2020
Statewide General Election: November 3, 2020 Ballot Mailing Dates: Sept. 18 – Oct. 20, 2020
Each voter registered by July 21, 2020 for the Statewide Primary Election, and or October 13, 2020 for the
Statewide General Election will be mailed a ballot automatically.
3. Eligible voters not pre-registered by the dates noted, or pre-registered voters wishing to receive their
ballot at a temporary address may contact the Douglas County Auditor-Treasurer Office by phone, mail or
in person for an absentee ballot application. (Due to COVID-19, non-registered voters in mail ballot precincts
are encouraged to apply for an absentee ballot online at www.co.douglas.mn.us)
4. All ballots may be returned by mail (a postage prepaid return envelope is included when the ballots are
mailed), or may be delivered in person, or delivered by a designated agent to:
Douglas County Auditor-Treasurer, 305 8th Ave W, Alexandria, MN 56308 (Phone: 320-762-3077)
Ballots must be received no later than 8:00 p.m. on Election Day in order to be counted. Normal business
hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
5. In addition to the normal business hours, extended hours for mail ballot voting are:
Statewide Primary Election: Saturday, August 1, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 8, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday, August 10, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Statewide General Election: Saturday, October 24, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 31, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday, November 2, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
6. The polling place for this election will be at the (former) First Lutheran Church Building, 822 Douglas St,
Alexandria. Election day voters are instructed to use the WEST entrance from the Cedar St parking lot.
The polls will be open:
Statewide Primary Election: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Statewide General Election: Tuesday, November 3, 2020 from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
At least one assistive voting device will be available at that polling place that permit persons with
disabilities to vote privately and independently and that permit any voter to submit their ballot to be
automatically checked and corrected for voting errors prior to being cast and counted.
7. All mail ballots will be counted at the Douglas County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office after 8:00 p.m. on the
respective election dates.
8. Voters can track their mail ballot at www.mnvotes.org by selecting the topic ‘Other ways to vote.’
Additional information is available by contacting the staff at the Douglas County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office, 305 8th Ave W, Alexandria, MN 56308 or by phone (320) 762-3077 and online at www.mnvotes.org.
Dated 20th day of May, 2020,
By order of the Township of Alexandria
Vicki L. Doehling, Douglas County Elections Administrator
Char L. Rosenow, Douglas County Auditor-Treasurer